Sunday, April 3, 2011

I haven't thought about London in a long time.  In the context of the other countries I've lived, studied, or worked in, it isn't as different.  This not as exotic as living in a guatemalan village or as exciting as studying in a transitioning China.

But I saw British Sea Power play last week and I remembered all the small things I love about London, about England, about the United Kingdom.  And so, despite everything, I'm still glad I went there and saw another life.  I, with much bias, believe they have the best rock music in the world.

I also really enjoy the people.  Not everyone is eccentric, but there is something in the water because they have a disproportionately higher rate of quirky personalities.   I adored my British Museum teacher.  I also adored the Tate Modern, my favorite museum in the whole world.   There's something about London that just fits with my personality.  I think that if I wasn't so attached to NYC or that if I wasn't committed a degree in international development, I would like to be in London.  unfortunately, I am on both accounts... and their weather is terrible.  It's like a beautiful affair that can't possibly work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment