Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Warning: blanket assumptions and judgments

Why is it that when a man is in a relationship, he can still retain his self-identity?  But when women get into relationships, they often cease to exist as interesting individuals?

I get along great with my man friends who are attached.  But my female friends with significant others, it's so frustrating that they disappear out of my life, that they spend 1/3 of our conversations analyzing the minutiae of their relationship, that their idea of adventure is to take up knitting/quilting/having dinner.  Why is it that women are so much more willing to give up their identities to merge into monolithic TomKat creature?  Granted there are exceptions, but I don't see to many of them.  

I enjoy my female friends.  It's just upsetting to me that all of a sudden, I'm hanging out with mostly guys because a good number of my female friends suck at life.  I adore my male friends, they're fun and are game for the absurd ideas I develop for them.  But I feel the sudden vacuum of my lady friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment