Saturday, August 14, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends.



I like my friends.  I like my new ones, I like my old ones, I like the ones that I rediscover.  I like the ones who understand why buying a bicycle is considered an overly large commitment.  I like the ones who do everything to make my life easy my first week in the country.  I like the ones who sit with me for 7 hours while we try to focus on our individual 25 page papers.  I like the ones who see me fall apart.  I like the ones who jump in rain puddles with me.  I like the ones who break out the NYC nightclub glow sticks during a camping trip.  I like the ones who write me 3 pages of advice when I have a problem.  I like the ones who discuss 3rd world country diseases. I like the ones who are represent the best of humanity.





I don’t think I would be where I am today, without my friends.  In the last few years I have been putting myself into ambitious situations that are over my head and my friends are the ones who keep me from drowning.  Cheers to friends.












No comments:

Post a Comment